The word ‘hybrid’ has definitely evolved. It now applies to many things, like plants, vehicles, even dogs. Today, the term ‘hybrid’ is widely being used in home construction.
At Hogan Homes, energy efficiency is a part of who we are. Each Hogan Home is built with our Hybrid Home standards, combining quality with the latest innovations. We don’t stop exploring innovations, materials, practices, and methods that help create more environmentally-friendly homes and promote a sustainable lifestyle – all while keeping your family comfortable.
Read on to know more about the benefits of a hybrid home, and why owning one makes perfect sense.
What is a hybrid home?
A hybrid home is built by using two or more construction methods, types, and materials, and this combination gives the home its own unique character. It incorporates environmentally-friendly features in its construction, design, maintenance, and operation.
In order for a home to perform at a higher level, it should include sustainable features that provide a relaxing and healthy environment.
Here are some of the features of a Hogan home hybrid home:
- LED lighting
- Energy Smart Builder
- Radiant Barrier Roofing
- Carrier Airconditioning System
- Complete DuPont™ Tyvek® HomeWrap®
- MI Windows – 3540 Single-Hung Window
- Vinyl Double-pane Low-E Energy Efficient Windows
- Acme Brick, James Hardie Exterior Trim & Siding
- Sherwin Williams Paints
- PEX (crosslinked polyethylene) Plumbing or Water Delivery System
For more information about the features of our Hybrid home, click here.
Why choose a Hybrid home?
A hybrid home is an environmentally responsible home. The construction, design, materials, systems, and energy use of a hybrid home helps protect the environment, and in turn, makes our life more sustainable.
- It reduces your carbon footprint.
- It’s healthy for your family. Many conventional building materials are not healthy. For instance, volatile organic compounds contain a lot of toxins and are known carcinogens.
- A hybrid energy system means lower utility bills. Investing in energy-efficient solutions such as Vinyl Double-pane Low-E Energy Efficient Windows, DuPont™ Tyvek® HomeWrap®, and Energy Star appliances will save you thousands of dollars in maintenance costs and utility bills. All that, plus the peace of mind knowing that you are doing your part in helping slow down climate change.
- It enhances living conditions. A Hogan Home hybrid home is built in such a way that it promotes a general sense of well-being – not just to its occupants, but to everyone else! A hybrid home will give you beneficial natural light, better indoor air quality, natural temperature regulation, and a soothing indoor environment.
These are just some of the general benefits of a hybrid home – there are quite a lot more!
Living an eco-friendly life is more than just a trend. It’s also doing our part to give back to nature and make sure that crystal-clear lakes and fresh, crisp air stay that way.
Home is a great place to focus your sustainable living efforts. If you and your family decide to go for an eco-friendly hybrid home, you will not only help preserve the environment. You will be able to enhance your quality of life significantly!
“What Is a Hybrid Home,” Timber Home Living, https://www.timberhomeliving.com/articles/what-is-a-hybrid-home
“Volatile Organic Compounds’ Impact on Indoor Air Quality,” United States Environmental Protection Agency, https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/volatile-organic-compounds-impact-indoor-air-quality
“Energy for off-grid homes: Reducing costs through joint hybrid system and energy efficiency optimization,” Science Direct, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0378778819309156
“Energy Efficient Products,” Energy Star, https://www.energystar.gov/products/appliances